Thursday, September 25, 2014

A Quick Fix

Nothing like exploring a inviting, friendly quilt shop when you are tired of sitting in the car.
We traveled to the cabin this week for a little fall color, some hiking and then closing the cabin for the winter. It is a long ride! Both my husband and I needed to stretch our legs when we hit Cortez, CO and I remembered seeing a quilt shop on the main street.  So hubby took a long stroll and I went in for some retail therapy.

Cortez Quilt Company, located at 40 West Main Street.  
You can visit their website here.
I loved the quilt that greeted me at the door.
Kits are available!

They had a lovely wall of batiks,
a nice selection of civil war era fabrics,
and 
inspiring displays.
The staff was helpful and friendly; and Karen, the owner, was teaching a Bernina Class in the back of the shop. 
I left with a nice package of goodies and a smile on my face.

Now, a few updates.
The AMB license plate quilt is pieced and off to the quilter.
See my block in the upper, left portion of the quilt.
I love the way it turned out. 

And finally,

Penny Garland is all stitched down...yes, one wool piece is missing; but I did not bring any wool with me to the cabin, so I will place it when I get home.
The weather is gorgeous, so up the trail I go to get pictures of the Aspen turning.

12 comments:

  1. What a lovely time of year to be at your cabin . Looking forward to seeing pictures.

    Great quilt shop ! I like how it has such a assortment of different styles of fabric. Your wool appliqué is wonderful ! Must feel good to have this one stitched down

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great shop. Your license plate is lovely. Well done! I just saw some of the AMB fabric at my LQS. Was very hard to resist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A trip to the quilt shop is always fun! Now I'm following you! You know blog following, not in a creepy way LOL :-) I was looking at blogs on my dashboard and I noticed you weren't there! So sorry about that! I don't know how that slipped by me!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The AMB license plate quilt did turn out very cool. And even better after it's quilted. Enjoy your mountain stay and the fall colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome quilt shop! Love that Christmas quilt! Your license plate and penny garland pieces are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a shop that I could get lost in for some time. Took me ages to find the missing wool piece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice trip and shopping too. The wool mat is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how your license plate quilt turned out! Your Penny Garland is beautiful too!
    Enjoy your time at the Cabin.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great shop. We are spending the weekend in Napa and have plans to attend Napa Valley Quilt show today :0) Wish you were here! Enjoy your time in CO. Love all the color in the AMB quilt, wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've had a productive trip! The license plate quilt turned out really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can never make up my mind whether I like a quilt shop to display by color or by collection. It always looks so neat when it is by color.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I could be in a lot of trouble in that quilt shop!!

    Wonderful time to be at your cabin!!

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. Love any comments you wish to share.

Fell Off the Wagon

 It was bound to happen. I had stuck to my guns until I saw Laundry Basket Quilts' pattern, Alaska Magic. I told myself,  "It is te...